Our core values can be summed up in three ideas…
The law is not a stagnant set of rules but an ever-evolving body of principles that are applied differently to different situations. And the people who make decisions that affect your legal rights--judges and juries--bring with them views that have been formed by experiences in everyday life about everyday matters.
Being an effective advocate requires a combination of intelligence, thorough preparation, competitive spirit and healthy appreciation of the human condition.
Our lawyers have traveled different paths to excellence and our diverse perspectives allow us to work effectively with clients to shape strategies and positions that make sense to real people in the real world.
We have lawyers who attended the best law schools. Our lawyers have won major awards, enjoy distinguished reputations in the community and have earned the respect of their peers.
We will apply our talents and achievements to find practical solutions to your problems.
We are committed to quality and efficiency.
Here is what we promise in our relationship with you:
- When you entrust us with a legal matter, you won't need to worry about it. We will do the worrying so you can move on to other things.
- From the day we start working for you, we will plan and implement a comprehensive strategy to meet your needs. We believe in pitching, not catching. All along the way, we will collaborate with you.
- We will always be ethical and act in accordance with the highest professional standards.
Our first step is to understand your goals. Our second step is to work with you to create a plan to achieve them. Our third step is to bring our experience and expertise to bear on obtaining tangible results. We are not satisfied by less and you shouldn't be either.
Our investment in Six Sigma is intended to enhance our ability to serve our clients efficiently and to enrich our understanding of how our clients do business. Also, our clients can choose to take advantage of our longstanding relationship with a major offshore legal services support firm, allowing seamless outsourcing of labor-intensive projects to a lower cost alternative.
Although a substantial portion of our work is conducted on a nationwide basis, our Midwestern roots are reflected in our pricing. We want to partner with our clients to reach the right solutions for all of us. And, while much of our work is done on a traditional, hourly basis, we offer a variety of alternatives on projects that are best approached differently:
- Fixed fee contracts focused on specific types of matters;
- Fixed fee contracts based on the phases of a matter;
- Fixed fee contracts for specific services;
- Outcome-Driven fees ranging from traditional contingency fees to hybrid billing.
There's no one best system. A value oriented, more flexible approach is a better model for both attorneys and clients.